My friend Bryant and I decided to go and watch it. I had heard that if you go up to Sundance on a full moon night during the summer, you can ride the ski lifts up and watch the moon come up.
Bryant and I waited in line at the ski lodge to get our ticket. This was my first time inside of one of these buildings! Also, it was only my second time on a ski lift...
Warning: It is a romantic activity though--it is definitely something you should do with someone you love! There were a lot of people that were in love or so it looked on the lifts--and then some people that were just enjoying a nice ride. My favorite to see were the families that brought little kids (yes, even though it was late and the school teacher in me says they should have been in bed). Teaching children to love the night time sky is a great idea! I think Bryant and I may have disturbed the romantic couples around us because we kept laughing at them!
Afterwords, we drove back through the Alpine Loop--and it was dark--but you could see the beauty of fall happening in the trees as the lights shone on them. We also listened to Christmas music! It was fantastic! I love Christmas music (even if it is only September...). Christmas music is one of my favorite kinds and I think we don't get to listen to it enough...
So--another should do in Utah--ride the ski lift to watch the full moon! I give it two thumbs up! The ski lift costs $8 per person and you get a 45 minute ride. For more info, check out:
http://www.sundanceresort.com/explore/sum_lift_rides.html
I'm glad Bryant went with me so I wasn't the loser all alone on the ski lift! Thanks Bryant!
No comments:
Post a Comment