Monday, May 18, 2009
Today I was working on writing a tongue twister with my class...we pick a students name each day and write words that start with that same letter in a sentence... (i.e. Marvelous Miss Merritt makes muffins on Monday for mom.).
For legality sakes and safety of my students, lets call this student Bob. We had to write B words about Bob.
The dialogue went something like this...
A little boy raised his hand and said, "We could write 'bling-bling' on the board."
Miss Merritt: Do you even know what bling is?
Boy: Yeah--the black guys wear it and it's big gold jewlery.
Miss Merritt: Ok...how do you feel about that Bob?
Bob: Ok.
Miss Merritt: We need a describing word for Bob. What word can we use for Bob?
A little girl: Brother
Miss Merritt: Yeah...we could use that. How do you feel about that Bob? Brother Bob?
Bob: I don't have a brother.
A different little girl: No--it could be like a brutha from anotha motha...
Miss Merritt: That is right, it could--probably someone that wears bling would say that...
Anyway--by this point I'm laughing in my head and the kids are laughing too...
Bob ended up picking something totally different though: Boss Bob brings bikes to basketball.
Another successful day in 1st grade.
13 years ago
2 comments:
That is awesome Amy! Exactly what I needed to hear! Your class sounds cute. Your hike looked like fun. Let's talk this week. I miss you. Thanks for the facebook message!
LOL!!! This one is priceless!
Post a Comment