This post is going to be a long one...so brace yourself! It's been a while. I have been wanting to post this for a while, but have been a little hesitant because I didn't know how to share as I've been discovering this still.
The past 6 months or so I had decided I needed to make some changes in my life. I have always struggled with my weight. Mostly because I think I gave in easy and said--"It runs in my family." or "I don't have time to be healthy--I'll do it later."
![]() |
| Me in college--I was not happy with what I looked like then--and I know it affected my self-esteem Luckily I had some good roommates who helped me to love myself. |
I began this journey in December. I decided at that point that I was going to be serious. I had reached 175 pounds and I knew it was more than I wanted to be. I was wearing my size 14 clothes and feeling like they were getting tight. So--I set myself up on my fitness pal and began the tough process of watching what I was eating. And this helped some. I tried working out--but I've been in school doing a reading endorsement as well--so my work outs consisted of sitting on the stationary bike at the gym reading my young adult literature books I had to read for class. During this time--it was hard to balance things in. I was struggling--partly because other things in life had gotten hard too--change has that ability. I was probably going through a bit of depression from some things happening to me. And that wasn't helping. But--I was slowly losing weight. From January-March I had gone from 175 pounds to 168.
Toward the end of March, I met this guy--Mike Wood, who I call "Mike Exercise." He invited me to come work out with him. So--I amazingly agreed to come. He said fitness was his life and taking care of his body was important. So--I went. I met him at his gym he worked out at called "The dub Campus" and we participated in a 50/50 spin class with a top trainer. I came out of the class feeling worn out--but my body felt good. I decided that I would go back and try it again that weekend because my body had felt muscles that I hadn't been able to work out on my own very well. I originally thought--I'll just go back a few times and see if I can learn how to work out better and then go do it on my own. It was a good thought...
![]() |
| Me with Mike--Mike has become one of my closest friends as we have worked on meeting each other's goals for each other's lives. |
I ended up being drawn into this community though. Mike started training me more one-on-one to help me see the benefits of weight training. I started going to more classes at the campus and learning more about dub--Discovering your Ultimate Body. Dub's focus is all about the 3 pillars of heatlh--exercise, nutrition, and supplementation. I studied it more and decided to try the supplements. With the supplements, I was able to come work out at the campus whenever it is open. I started making more friends with the trainers that were there and having some really great work outs. I made friends in classes, and I now have a great support group that cares about my fitness and if I am showing up to exercise. I have worked out with the CEO a few times even and had the great opportunity to learn from him and his wife. I participated in another trainer's 30 day challenge of eating clean. And in all-I have seen results. Since I started working out with dub, I have dropped another 10 pounds, I've built muscle, I've gone down 2 pant sizes and a bra size, and I have so much more energy. My focus has changed from "I want to lose weight." to "What else can I do with my body? What other fun things can I train myself to do?" This is a priceless gift that I don't know I can ever repay the great friends I have made that have helped me to achieve. The dub community definitely has helped me to see my potential and I am realizing that I am on a great journey--a journey to discovering my ultimate body and all the potential that I have inside of me.
![]() |
| This was me at the start of my 30 day clean eating challenge with Caralee Burton and dub. I wasn't sure I could give up the dairy and the sugars, but I did my best and am amazed at the success I had! |






1 comment:
This is awesome Amy! So proud of you! It shows that you feel well and are well! Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment