So, tonight my roommate Angie had tickets to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and the Utah Symphony's O.C. Tanner concert at the conference center. We were in the same building as the prophet and many other important members of the church. When President Monson walked in, everyone stood up and the room went silent. How great it is to have these men to lead us.
It's hard to tell, but that is President Monson standing below us...
The concert was patriotic and they had two guest singers--my favorite of the two was Brian Stokes Mitchell. I have put his music on my blog so you can get a taste--he sang Some Enchanted Evening from South Pacific. I love that musical! But, I fell in love with his voice as well. I want some man to sing this song about me someday!But, it was a great concert in all. They even did the Armed Forces Salute (I have seen this done three times this year and each time gives me the chills)! We were able to see Elder Eyring stand for the Air Force and President Monson stood for the Navy.
I love temple square! It is just such a peaceful place...
2 comments:
amy...my word how are you? i thought i had lost contact with you forever. oh yeah this is magen...one of your lovely old roommates. funny story i still tell people about your moms wonderful thai food all these years later. hope all is well with you..check out my blog magenrabatin.blogspot.com
Amy! I totally remember. Thank you for finding me. I love it!
Post a Comment