Monday, November 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Chase!

November 10, 2008

Today is my friend Chase's birthday. He and I have been friends for probably about 4 years or so...and he's one of my best! To celebrate his birthday this year--and his last year in Utah, he organized a group to go down to Nellis Air Force Base. My roommate Linda, our friend Henry, and myself all went with him and some of his friends from Provo.



Did you know Nellis is the home of the Air Force Thunderbirds?


The Thunderbirds


The C-17 was awesome because it stops fast...and it's huge--it can fly at 90 mph...


Me with my favorite plane--the P-51 Mustang--I just love the way it purrs when it flies!


Chase with his favorite airplane--the F-22--he'll be flying one of these someday. I love to watch this one go fast--and it's vertical lift is amazing.


I don't know what kind of airplane this one is, but the pilot looked comfy sitting there on top watching the show--he probably had a good view.




Linda with the Jolly Green Giant--we aren't really sure why he was there...but he was...


The Thunderbirds in formation...they were fun to watch! Maybe someday Chase will be one of these pilots!


The Amazing F-22 footage recorded by me...




Me ready to go home after waiting in the hour long bus line--good thing it was right by the porta-potties...it was a long wait! I guess at least my tan got a touch up from sitting there all day!


In all--it was a spectacular air show. I love going to them--it reminds me of my heritage...my Grandpa Merritt used to build airplanes and was very smart when it came to these things. My favorite flight all together is the Heritage Flight with the P-51 Mustang, the F-15 Hornet, and the F-22 Falcon. I love watching the advances in technology and seeing how much things have changed with the times. I'm grateful I've been able to share these experiences with air shows with Chase. Good luck Chase as you chase this dream! I'm cheering for you! And Happy Birthday!


1 comment:

Suzy Toronto Studios said...

Oh, I like the Mustangs too. I love the way you can hear the purr coming before you see the plane.

I loved the F-22 footage too. It's exciting to think 'the kid' is going to be flying them someday. I have no doubt he will make it. He has done everything he ever set his mind out to do...

I'm so glad you had such a fun time.