Friday, January 22, 2010

It takes 21 days...

January 21, 2010

...to develop a habit. Three weeks is what I've heard. And today--I put my 21st smiley face on my Robert Duncan calendar.

What habit is this?

FLOSSING! I have flossed my teeth for 21 days in a row.

Why did this perk to me? I had taken the "real age" test on realage.com and my age was 24. The test then told me that if I flossed my teeth--it would add years to my life.

I also read an article that says flossing your teeth prevents gingivitis and halitosis.

And we all love having good breath. If your breath smells, you may consider flossing.

All this flossing though has brought a profound thought to my mind. Maybe I should "floss" and clean out other areas of my life.

So--the process begins.

For the next 21 days, I am going to work on a new habit I need to improve on and develop...

This could make for an interesting year!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I need more patients like you!! Good job and keep it up!