Friday, October 15, 2010

My Amazing Mother

October 15, 2010

I am awake late at night--and I have not written for a long time--so I decided to let my mind go.

The month of October is an important month to me. I love the fall and the celebrations of reaping in the harvest. As I was spending time today--the thought crossed me about how October is also the month we honor Breast Cancer Awareness. I have many women in my life who have been affected by breast cancer and they have been amazing examples to me of perseverance and hope. But--there is one woman who has made a major impact on my life.

About four years ago my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. I remember how shocked I was at the idea of this happening to me. I could not believe how unfortunate this situation was. I love my mom and this was just unthinkable.

But--fortunately for us, her cancer was found at a stage 0--meaning that she was not that bad. I was so grateful that she was going to be okay. I remember driving her to her radiation treatments as they took care of her. I enjoyed the time I was able to spend with her then--and the chance I had to serve her and be there. I am so lucky to have this amazing lady in my life.


Mom--I love you. I am so glad you are there for me and an example to me in my life of what a woman should be. Thank you for being there for me.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Your mom is a wonderful person, just in the few times I was around her I could tell she was someone very special.