Monday, July 7, 2008

A Lazy Day at the Pool


My roommate Linda and I both teach school--both of us first grade--and we are both year round. So--we have two bored teachers living in my house right now! So Linda and I decided to go check out the pool by our house today--the Draper Pool...

We got there and it was Open Plunge time so there were a ton of people there--even for a Monday afternoon. We went in and found a nice spot of grass to soak up some sun. Then we got in the pool--it was warm--a heated pool in the dead of summer! It was not what we were wanting. We swam the best we could for a while around the kids and decided it might be better to just work on our tans.

Linda got brave and decided to jump off the high dive. I'm still struggling with that jumping from heights idea--yes I have jumped off the dives--but for some reason I don't like doing it all the time. So I decided to watch her.

In all--we were glad we went--but don't know if it was worth our money...we think we may try lap swimming there next if we can make ourselves get up early enough...



By our layout was an anti-smoking poster. We just had to take our pics with it. It definitely looks hotter not to smoke....

1 comment:

Amber said...

Hey Amy! I love the blog! It's fun to see what you've been up to. Miss you tons! :)