Friday, January 2, 2009

New Years' Snowshoeing

Thursday, January 1, 2009
I did it! I typed 2009 without messing up!

Today, Bryant and I decided to go snowshoeing. We went up Little Cottonwood Canyon and found a trail and went for it. We decided to try the trail that goes up to White Pine Lake (about 4.1 miles.) We only made it halfway up though--it was getting late and it was looking like the snow was getting ready to fall--so we decided it would be safer to head back. But, we had a lot of fun as we went (and I only fell 5 times). Here's some shots from the day to show you how much fun it was!

And for the record--I have used my new snowshoes 3 times! I still need to use 'em more, so if anyone wants to go...invite me!

The bridge
Bryant modeling his new snowshoes!
The map of the trail.

Bryant blazing the trail for me on the steep part--I thought I was going to fall off...
wait--I did slip here..
The spot where I fell...number 1
The bug that distracted me as I fell...why are bugs still alive out there?
The valley below! It looked beautiful from up here--I love the Oquirrh Mountains!

I like this shot of me! The lighting is neat!

Bryant blazing his own trail!

The trail we were following.

Some water we found. Not quite a lake--but it made us excited.

The view of our destination...

The part where I slid down the hill--on my bottom...it was efficient at least!
Until I hit the tree! Don't worry, it was a small one...

Me by the bridge when we were finished.

No comments: