Thursday, June 4, 2009

Ghost Towning!

Monday, May 25, 2009

On Memorial Day, Eric and I went with a couple other friends ghost towning. I have been to Ophir a few times, but never thought it was a ghost town. But--in Eric's book of ghost towns in Utah...it is listed! So--now I have a ghost town hunting friend. How fun!

Here's some pics from our trip to Ophir:

Some of the old mining stuff


Some of the tracks for the mine


Eric took this picture of himself...pretty good! This is an old mining cave...



The mining tracks


Eric and I outside of what we were guessing was the old Ophir Hotel


The little lizard I chased around to have a photo shot with...


This device saves lives and should not be vandalized apparently


Allison and I taking a picture


An old mining tool. A tree had grown around it.


An old prospector mining hole.


Allison and I--I have no idea what we are doing. I just think it's a funny pic!

An old house

More mining tracks and carts


The restaurant where we had dinner in Stockton


We have so many more pictures. But--these were some of my favorites! I'll have to slide show the rest!

No comments: