Wednesday, April 1, 2009

It's Gone!

I mailed my box today--and I am not sad at all...I am actually rather happy about it.
The finished product...all the entries in their envelopes...

So now--next week is the test, and then we wait...for a long time, til maybe December.

I was so tired when I finally took it to the post office today. I never want to do this again. I will tell you this much though--I learned a lot.
This was an I just rolled out of bed and finished typing moment...It feels so good to be done!

I will share one portion of my final reflection though and that is all:
Through the National Boards process, I have found myself as a teacher. Many teachers I know told me I was crazy to even apply for it, but I feel that this experience has been one of the most empowering experiences I have gone through. It has allowed me to think about what I am doing as a teacher and if I am making the difference I set out to do as a young college graduate four years ago. It has shown me I am on my way and I need to keep seeking ways to share what I have learned with others, motivating others to love life long learning.


2 comments:

BriANDaleen said...

Yeah, congrats...you definatley earned your cute glitter toes!

Tiffany said...

Way to go Amy! You're amazing! That was a TON of work! I'm so impressed with your diligence!