January 17, 2011
For Martin Luther King Day, since we were out of school, Linda--my old roommate and I, decided to go snowshoe. We brought along our friend Emilee who had never been before. We decided to do a trail to a lake called Willow Lake. This trail went straight up...
But it was beautiful--even if the snow was terrible.

My favorite trees! Quaking Aspens

Part of the steep little hill we climbed

Me

More trees

The storm cloud in the distance

The beaver dam out on the lake

I decided to venture out to it--as you can tell--I was not the first, so that is why I was brave!

Me on the dam

Linda got brave and joined me out at the dam

Emilee and Linda decided it was better to slide down the hill.
I've decided I've gone enough times this winter to get my money's worth for my new snowshoes--but it does not mean I'm done. I still have a few trips left in me I think!
No comments:
Post a Comment