Sunday, January 9, 2011

Trip #6--Being Braver

January 8, 2011

Jason and I decided to give another night hike a try, since we got scared during our last one. We decided to go where we've been night hiking before--and it wasn't as scary!

We went up Doughnut Falls again--but in the dark--you miss things you usually see in the day--like the trail head. As we were hiking, we suddenly realized we were on the opposite trail we'd taken out last time. I got a picture of it.




In the dark--it was more interesting to think about what is lurking out there. A few times we scared ourselves by thinking we'd heard something. I think it must have just been our snowshoes making funny sounds...

It was so white out there!

Me looking like I'm up to no good--I probably wasn't...



Jason decided we needed to take a funny face picture--little does he know--my face is funny most of the time!



Taking a normal picture--it was about here we decided to turn around and head out.

On our way out--I think we heard more things...and we saw wildlife! A mouse ran across the trail and scared us. But--we lived to tell the tale...

We have yet to make it to the falls...maybe the next time we will!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a fun time! I am glad you are enjoying snowshoeing so much.