Since I had so much fun with Jason the week before snowshoeing Corner Canyon, I decided to let him take me to Rose Canyon. He's been wanting to go there for a while. So, I said ok.
A little background on Rose Canyon. It scares me. Literally! My friend Mindy has hiked and snowshoed just about everywhere in Utah alone--and she refuses to go up the Oquirrh Mountains by herself. That is a huge thing to me! I've hiked up Rose Canyon before with my roommate Linda, but we brought a gun with us. Every time I go up Butterfield Canyon or those up there--there is always some wildlife.
So Jason and I decided to go Thursday night. Ha! Night!
We headed out after he made me dinner and so it was dark. There was a sliver of moon in the sky. We got out on the trail and started moving. I was glad there was enough snow to wear our shoes in .
As we were going along though--I'd forgotten my beanie. Jason made me put my hood on my head. This limited my peripheral vision...and scared me a little more. With Jason's light and the darkness...I think I freaked both of us out. I remember saying something like, "What if there is something out there stalking us...but we can't see it because it is so dark?" We probably only made it 10 minutes down the trail.
But seriously--mountain lions and cougars don't hibernate in the winter....do they?
So, we turned around and decided to save it for a day time trip. Stay posted to see how it goes if we make it!
But seriously--mountain lions and cougars don't hibernate in the winter....do they?
So, we turned around and decided to save it for a day time trip. Stay posted to see how it goes if we make it!
No comments:
Post a Comment