Thursday, October 2, 2008

Fine Dining--The Grand Lux Cafe

Saturday, September 27, 2008

After playing at the Hoover Dam, we decided to go play on the strip. We were hungry, so we went wandering trying to find a place to eat. We finally stopped at the Venetian. We ate at the Grand Lux Cafe. They were great--but it was a little slow waiting for the food--but once we got it, it tasted fantastic!

I shared an order with Barb--we ordered Indochine Shrimp and Chicken--a Chinese Indian meal that had some curry spice in it and chicken and shrimp. It was yummy--and perfect for sharing. Then, I ordered dessert--Strawberry Shortcake with ice cream and fresh strawberries and whipped cream. Yum! It was Barb's birthday that weekend, so we celebrated by singing to her over the cake.

The Massive Strawberry Shortcake

After dinner, we wandered the strip and people watched and checked out the gardens at the Bellagio. They were all decorated for fall! It was beautiful!


We got home late--and finished off our conference the next day. In all--it was a fun trip and I am glad I went. I think I rediscovered my purpose in life...I'm on the right path I think!

No comments: