Friday, October 17, 2008
Today, Linda, Henry, Anthony, and I all went to see the exhibit at The Leonardo of the Body World 3: The Heart. It was amazing--I learned a lot about how our bodies work just from looking at those preserved bodies...
Some fact that I thought were cool:
1. Did you know your heart is the first in your body to start working and the last one to quit working when you die?
2. It is possible to die of a broken heart...it's just not a diagnosis that they give...
3. The human fetus grows amazingly by the 9th week--you can see the arms, legs, hands, and ears developed by that 9th week...
They also had a favorite author of mine's quote--I wrote it down in the nice little notebook they gave us. It is by Antoine de Saint-Exupery, author and aviator...
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye." Antoine de Saint-Exupery
To learn more about the Body World Exhibit, click here: http://theleonardo.org/bodyworlds/index.php
It cost $22.50. But it was amazing to see...I thought it was worth it!
Just make sure you don't park in the metered parking--you'll want to spend more time than that looking...
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment