Saturday, March 21, 2009

Photo of the Week!

This photo is one I took this last week. I have been going through one of the hardest things I have ever done before in my life right now and I was with a friend who has taught me this object lesson many times. This object lesson involves one nail, and balancing all the other nails on it. It is hard to do unless you have the nails all together--so this lesson can have a variety of meanings based on what you need at the time.

My friend told me though that this lesson was only able to have 8 nails balance on the center nail. When he had worked on it with his ward, they were only able to balance 8 of them. The package had 14 nails altogether. I looked at him and said, I bet I can do it.

Tada!
It just goes to show that I can make an even better object lesson out of this...

Sometimes--we think we can handle all that we can and that there is no more room for us to do anymore. But, with Christ as our balance in the middle and putting trust and faith in him along with works, we can add anything that our Heavenly Father has for us to do in our lives, and it will still balance. As long as we put Christ in the center...

I can make it one more week...even if it means locking me in a hotel room, and just working like crazy--I only have the one more week...

With God--all things are possible--I just have to do my part to keep it together!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My students were given this challenge in DARE a couple weeks ago. I love your object lesson you did with it! Thanks for the reminder!

Anonymous said...

Very true. Faith in Christ gives us the balance to handle what can seem like an impossibly sized load. Best of luck with your last few pages. You can certainly do it, Amy.

Tiffany said...

Ditto! It's possible! I love the pic too!