Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Declaration of Independence and Cultural Dinning...

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Today a group of us went up to the newly renovated Salt Lake City Capitol building (it is now ready for the big earthquake...) to see one of the 25 remaining rare copies of the Declaration of Independence on display. It was neat to go and see--but it was a long line.

The line was a 3-4 hour wait since it is only here this weekend. We got there this afternoon and after seeing the line, decided that we weren't really wanting to wait in that line. We went above and looked down first and saw that there was an area outside the blocked line to just look from the outside. So--Paisley, Angie, Allison, Irene and I snuck up by the edges at the front and decided that was good enough for us.


I am grateful for those founding fathers who wrote the Declaration of Independence and helped our country become the way it is. I feel that it is truly an inspired document and that it has Heavenly Father's influence all over it. I just hope it is able to make it through what is to come in this world...

Fine Dining Experience #2--Royal India
After we left the capitol building, we decided it was time to eat! Angie, Allison, Irene and I decided to have Indian food tonight so we headed to the Royal India. It is one of my most favorite restaurants in Sandy. It is the best Indian I've had in the area. It was delicious!
We ordered some of the tiki masala and the coconut kurma. Irene ordered the mango chicken. And of course...we had to have the naan....yum!

No comments: