Monday, August 25, 2008

Two Fires on the Mountain...

Monday, August 25, 2008

We had a beautiful sunset this evening--let me tell you why...

Today as I was driving home from work--I saw a fire burning in the corner canyon area...approximately 7 minutes from my house! Scary!! We watched as the planes dropped fire retardant around the area and we prayed that we would be safe! I am grateful there is a temple between the fire and my house. Which leads me to fire #2...



Tonight Angie and I were driving home from the store and we saw...the Draper Temple all lit up! It also looked bright on the mountain. It was the first night the outside lights have been on. I am so excited to have a temple so close to my home!!!

The mountain behind my house is shining tonight...in more ways than one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you remember Trish Morrison at Willow Canyon? She almost had to evacuate her house becuse of the fire on corner canyon. It was right close to her house. Too close for comfort. If the winds shifted they would have been out of there. They were packed and ready to go in case they got evacuation orders.