Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Eastern Idaho State Fair Parade

Saturday, August 30, 2008
Every Labor Day--we celebrate the Eastern Idaho State Fair in Blackfoot. The Fair is started with a parade down Shilling Street and it is full of big rigs and tractors and just promos. Not any real fascinating floats---but we get a ton of sheriff cars from all the counties and cities in the area and it makes a lot of noise. Nothing quite like it...in all of Blackfoot...

My dad bought my mom this hat--she is now old enough to be in the red hat club...I love my parents!

The Firemen were in a band with bagpipes and they were wearing kilts! I just love firemen...

My sisters and Bonnie (their friend from BYU-I) watching the Parade...
These little guys were watching by us, they caught so much candy (all you have to do is look cute and people throw the stuff at you!).
What's a parade without clowns?


They also had a surrey with a fringe on top! Go Oklahoma! Snake River is performing it...my rivals...



This is the first year I missed the fair. My family usually goes, but while I was home this weekend, my parents decided not to go...which is okay--it's always the same...mostly I love the food which isn't good for me anyway (although Missy went and brought me back a bag of cotton candy! I love my sis!).

Instead, I went flower shopping with my parents for landscaping their new house....I decided someday when I have my own house, I want to have flowers! They make it beautiful--I brought my dad four rose bushes for his birthday this month (at their old home, he used to have 33 rose bushes that he raised...now he has none...)--my favorite one was Princess Diana--she was tall and pink and white. Very elegant looking...

No comments: